Using PHPP in Passive House Design and Certification
In this course students will learn how to use the PHPP for residential building design and certification. Participants will be guided step-by-step through the relevant worksheets while learning the correct conventions for measurements and calculations. Proper documentation will also be covered in detail. A case study will provide participants with practical experience in completing and documenting PHPP calculations for building certification.
Using PHPP in Passive House Design and Certification is jointly provided by NAPHN and Peel Passive House Consulting Ltd.
- Learn the structure, inputs, and outputs of PHPP software
- Select and input appropriate climate data sets in PHPP
- Measure and record building characteristics (areas, volumes, etc)
- Specify building assemblies and components
- Model HVAC systems
- Assess building heat loss, energy demand and summertime overheating risk
- Understand proper sourcing of performance data
- Gain practical experience in completing a PHPP assessment for a residential development
Intended Audience: Architects, developers, self-builders and other building professionals.
Well illustrated and good tips along the way to fill the PHPP. Slides of session 6 are missing