HELP WANTED: EDUCATION ASSOCIATE
Job Description: The PHN Education Associate will be highly organized, an effective communicator and a quick learner with experience in training program administration, marketing and sales. Knowledge of green building strategies and familiarity with Passive House standards preferred, but not required. The right candidate should be adept at handling and prioritizing multiple assignments, a self-starter, detail-oriented and eager to grow and learn. This position provides exciting opportunities to network and gain valuable skills.
Training programs are currently conducted in multiple formats: live-online, on-demand, live in-person and hybrid combinations. Our premiere training can lead to certification as a Certified Passive House Designer/Consultant, the leading Passive House building design credential. PHN also hosts introductory, advanced, and specialized trainings and is continuing to expand their offerings. This role would be to assist existing programs, send and handle all training communications, post schedules of courses, work with the trainers, market, sell trainings and post website training updates.
● Training Program: Administration of all trainings, courses and exams. Includes all logistics needed to run/host the training/exams, and will work with training partners as needed.
● Marketing & Sales: Seek and implement marketing opportunities for trainings & other education offerings, work with allies & partner organizations to promote trainings, and coordinate with other PHN teams for cross promotions. Work with CRM system to implement a sales strategy to support growth of programs.
● Website: Update website with training schedule, registration information, etc, set up online trainings on website, work with online platform integration for LMS system.
● Event Support: Assist with other educational offerings: conferences, symposiums and other PHN events as needed.
● Background in the fields of Environmental Studies, Sustainable
Development, Architecture, Non Profit Management or other relevant fields.
Graduate students are welcome to apply.
● Preferred experience in non profit program administration and/or
● Strong interpersonal, organizational, self-starter and analytical skills.
● Required knowledge of G Suite, LearnDash, Hubspot, Canva, WordPress,
WooCommerce, Web-hosting and Video-hosting platforms.
Preferred: Trello, Slack, Survey Monkey, Miro, Video & Audio, editing, LinkedIn
Ads and Google Adwords Tech-savvy a huge plus.
● Keen interest in climate change, Passive House building principles and/or
This is a full time position around 40 hrs/week at $17-$25/hr, commensurate with
experience. Applicants will work remotely, with some flexibility where needed.
Application Requirements: Please send your resume and cover letter as a pdf to:
[email protected] with the subject heading: Education Associate
Deadline: Please submit your resume and cover letter by April 26. We will accept
applications later but will not be included in the first round of consideration. Looking to
start the week of May 9, 2022. Applications shall be reviewed until the post is filled.
Requests for interviews shall be issued by email.
Introductory Training Options
Core Certification Training Options
Specialized Training Options